Best Webcams For Adult Camming Models
A good webcam is very important for webcam models. It’s one of the biggest things effecting the quality of your shows. Most aftermarket webcams also have built in microphones, that are much better than a stock microphone on a webcam. Great 3rd party webcams can be purchased relatively inexpensively. Here are the best webcams for adult camming models.
Logitech Webcams Are Highly Recommended
The Logitech brand is one of the most reputable and trustworthy around. Logitech has been a leader in the webcam market for ever. They also produce keyboards, mouses and other electronic products. Logitech webcams are quality products and are also incredibly affordable. Most the products come with great built in microphones as well. Here are the most popular Logitech webcams.
Logitech c920 ($70)
The most popular webcam for camming models. The Logitech C920 is very affordable, shoots in 1080 and has a great built-in microphone. You can find C920’s for around $70.
Logitech C920 Specifications:
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for Windows
- 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
- Full HD video recording (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels)
- H.264 video compression
- Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction
- Automatic low-light correction
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or monitors
Logitech C930e ($100)
According to Logitech, it’s currently their most advanced webcam available. The Logitech C930e was designed for for business video conferencing, opposed to the C920 which was designed for personal use.
Logitech C930e Specifications:
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels); 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
- H.264/SVC video compression
- 90-degree field of view
- Zoom to 4X in 1080p
- Rightlight™ 2 Technology for clear image in various lighting environments, even low light
- Optional light application for control of pan, tilt, and zoom
- ZEISS® lens certification
- External privacy shutter
- Built-in dual stereo mics
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 certified (USB 3.0 ready)
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD, or CRT monitors
The C922x is a newer product, developed for video game streamers. Designed to take less bandwith uploading which results in a smother feed. Logitech collaborating with Xplit, a popular cam-splitting software, on the development of the C922.
Logitech C922x Specifications:
- Web Camera specifically designed and optimized for Professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
- Stream and record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080P video at 30 frames per second or 720P at 60Fps
- Background replacement technology (powered by personify) allows you to integrate your live image and any background Scene, right onto your stream (only works with Windows 7 and above)
- Full HD glass lens and premium autofocus deliver razor-sharp, clear video in consistent high Definition while two Built-in mics capture your voice in rich Stereo Audio
- Record clear videos even in dim or poorly backlit settings with automatic light Correction
Logitech Conference Cam BCC950 (Just under $200)
More expensive, but comes with a handy remote control. The remote control is useful for pivoting and tilting. There are mixed reviews on the logitech BCC, and it seems like a webcam that you either hate or love. A lot of models like it for the pivoting and zooming, while others feel the motions are choppy. Also more expensive than the more popular models.
Logitech BCC950 Specifications:
- Motorized pan, tilt and zoom
- Integrated full duplex omni-directional speakerphone with 8-foot range
- On-board UVC H.264 encoding
- USB video class (UVC) supported applications
- Full HD 1080p 30fps video calling
- Camera and speakerphone controls, speakerphone and remote control
- Pan, tilt and zoom, Volume, Audio mute, Answer/Hang up
- ZEISS lens certification
- 78-degree field of view
- 180-degree pan, 55-degree tilt
Optional Tripods, USB Extenders and Other Accessories
There’s also tons of accessories available for the different webcams. These accessories include tripods, extended USB cords and more. What is available and compatible varies from webcam to webcam. Although none of these are a requirement for camming, anything you can do to make your life easier and improve the quality of the shots is definitely worthwhile.
It Is Alright To Use A Built-In Webcam?
Yes and no. Technically you can use a built-in laptop webcam, but it’s not recommended. The quality on most stock webcams is horrible. There microphone usually isn’t that great either. This creates a poor feed. You’ll get more chatroom visitors who will stay longer and tip more if you’ve got a high quality webcam. Some sites will also rank performers with HD webcams higher and display an HD tag on the profile.
So although you can get started using nothing but a stock laptop webcam, it’s not highly recommended. If you do go this route, definitely toss an HD webcam on your wishlist or upgrade as soon as you’re able to. You’ll make more money that way.
More Information On Getting Started Camming
Are you researching what it takes to get started as a camming model? We’ve got a guide that tells you everything you need to know. Our guide goes over all the different topics one by one. There’s also links to additional in-depth reading on all the various topics. Learn everything you need to know to get started as a performer in the adult industry.
Learn More: Become An Adult Webcam Model